[CT Birds] Lyme and Salem birding today

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Wed May 24 18:47:25 EDT 2017

Nehantic Forest:  no sign of earlier Kentucky Warbler on this drizzly morn.  However both Cuckoo species were vocalizing everywhere, more Black-billed than Yellow-billed.  Must be the abundance of all those caterpillars!  There was also a nice Chestnut-sided Warbler among many Yellow Warblers just after the first bridge and stream on main thoroughfare thru the forest, assuming one comes in from Rt. 156.

Hartman Park in mid afternoon (sunny!) had 3 Cerulean Warblers.  See eBird lists for more details.

On my way home via Darling Rd in Salem, I had 1 Cerulean Warbler seen and heard, and a singing Indigo Bunting and Blue-winged Warbler, all right near the ice cream shop.

Great day to be out in spite of the gray morning.  The forests were awash in ethereal sounds as well as the non-ethereal cadences of all the Yellow Warblers and RE VIreos.

Carolyn Cimino (and Denise Jernigan)
Waterford

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail