[CT Birds] Please share your waterbirds!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Thu May 25 12:00:37 EDT 2017

I wanted to take a moment to ask that folks please share any eBird
checklists that include shorebirds, terns, herons or egrets with the
Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com
whenever you can. We have requested this help in previous years, and
please keep them coming in 2017!

There is a button on eBird to "share checklist with others in my party",
and if click that and paste in ctwaterbirds at gmail.com you can easily do
so with applicable checklists. Even old checklists can be sent if you
have any from earlier in the year. This helps us record the staging and
nesting areas for these birds - those that we do not monitor every pair
in CT as we do for Piping Plovers and American Oystercatchers - and also
helps us track volunteer hours for folks who are recording shorebird
activity. Please be sure to estimate your time spent in the field in
your reports to help track level of effort.

Thanks so much!

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch