[CT Birds] CHSW Night at WilliBrew: Rain or Shine!

Rubega, Margaret margaret.rubega at uconn.edu
Mon May 22 09:08:45 EDT 2017

This is just a reminder that tonight, from 6 p.m., is Chimney Swift Conservation Night at the Willimantic Brewing Co. UConn and CT DEEP personnel will be in the Brewery from 6 to 8 p.m., with Chimney Swift information and swag; the brewmaster will be tapping Flying Cigar Ale, and a portion of the proceeds from every pint goes to Chimney Swift Conservation. There's rain in the forecast, so we cannot guarantee good viewing of the birds --- everything depends on exactly what time rain comes down at -- but the year some folks ditched because of rain and tornado warnings, we had spectacular views. It's birding: there's chance involved. There will be good beer, in any case. Hope to see you all there.

Margaret Rubega
CT State Ornithologist
Curator, Ornithology Collections
Dept Ecology and Evolutionary Biology