[CT Birds] Nehantic Forest: Kentucky Warbler update and other goodies

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Mon May 22 12:50:43 EDT 2017

Waited with several other birders this gray and at times rainy morn.

Bottom line: bird has occasionally called but has not been seen.

I took a walk down the road and had the good fortune of seeing 2 Black-billed Cuckoos together high up in a tree right near the parking lot on the left.

Lots of species singing and calling.  Had a Veery singing its heart out 4 feet from me.

Most of the birders I spoke with seemed to think the Kentucky will stick around for a while.

There is also a nearby Hooded Warbler singing.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPhone