[CT Birds] Westport Highlights by boat

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue May 23 15:17:01 EDT 2017

Westport- Cockenoe Island-
4 Black Skimmers,40 Short-billed Dowitchers,many Dunlin,Semipalmated Plovers, 2 Black-bellied Plovers,Semipalmated Sandpipers, 39 American Oystercatchers including many newly hatched birds. Common Terns appear to be doing well so far.

Norwalk-
Also had a lingering single Purple Sandpiper near East White Rock.
And the there were many newly hatched Great Black-backed Gulls and Double-crested Cormorants on Goose Island.

Of note: We found a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron nest at Gray's Creek and we heard the Red-headed Woodpecker there as well.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone