[CT Birds] Upper Lake Whitney, Hamden: GBHE nest success! &c.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Mon May 29 22:23:11 EDT 2017

First of year Green Heron, S.W. end by Mather St.

Good news of Waite St. bridge nests:  Oriole as usual in Elm;  Osprey still sitting on platform;  and hooray, the Great Blue Heron nest has chicks!  At least 2 (there were 4 last year).  And a bunch of other GBHE's at the upper end.

Video of GBHEs on the CT Audubon / Bird FB page.