[CT Birds] Uncommon Shorebirds etc.

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 1 18:05:53 EDT 2017

6/1. Stratford, Bridgeport - During my volunteer Piping Plover & Least Tern Monitoring walk, I saw the following:

1 RED KNOT and 1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER among more common shorebirds at Long Beach West.

1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER with a flock of Semipalmated Sandpipers at Pleasure Beach's jetty base.
Also, in the vegetated area of Pleasure Beach there was a GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER (very unexpected here at this season, but I ruled out other rare Myiarchus species).
And a BANK SWALLOW flew west past the pavilion; an early southbound migrant?

Frank Mantlik

Stratford

Sent from my iPhone