[CT Birds] Hartford Summer Bird Count

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 20:18:24 EDT 2017

Greeting Birders!

Next weekend (June 10-11th) is the Hartford Summer Bird Count.  The Summer Count conflicts with graduations, vacations, etc. and we are always in need of help from the Connecticut birding community.  If anyone plans on birding some of the Hartford area's prime birding spots or anywhere else within the Hartford Circle next weekend, I would very much appreciate your forwarding me a list of all birds seen and heard as well as the time spent.  Areas of note include Station 43, the Hockanum River area in East Hartford, Cedar Hill Cemetery, what's left of Rentschler Field, etc.

The Center of Hartford's Count is the Old State House in downtown Hartford and the Count area includes all of Hartford, West Hartford and East Hartford and portions of South Windsor, Windsor, Bloomfield, Newington, Wethersfield, Glastonbury and Manchester.  Rocky Hill Meadows is also within the territory,however, access to the Meadows is now restricted.  Fortunately, we have that area covered by special arrangement.

Any assistance with this Count would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know should you have any interest in participating.

Jay Kaplan, Compiler
Hartford Summer Bird Count