[CT Birds] Turkeys

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 22:22:57 EDT 2017

Every year I see a few Turkeys in the BHYF area, sometimes  alone, usually
in small flocks. But this year I have no idea what is going on.  For weeks,
starting in April, I saw a single Turkey almost every day. And  almost never
more than one at a time and usually in a different location  every day.
But suddenly I am seeing small flocks of 5 or 6 with both Toms  and hens.
And yet, I still have not seen a single poult.
 I don't know the exact timing but I think this is around  the end of the
nesting season. Shouldn't I be seeing hens or groups of hens with  a whole
bunch of poults?

Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct