[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:44:00 EDT 2017

5/31  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, 10-1PM ,  overcast,
drizzle, 65F, low tide.
At 10am the male osprey was on his perch eating a fish, for about
90minutes.  No sharing that fish with the female though.  Female remained
on the nest. However an intruder osprey was antagonizing the female several
times around 12:30, and she left the eggs to chase off the intruder.  Lots
of drama there.
At the Purple Martin condos I observed 22 martins on the gourds and in the
trees, with several inside the gourds, I assume.
On the marsh:  17 Mute swans, 1 Great Egret, 6 Snowy egrets, a mixed flock
of Least & Semipalmated sandpipers,  1 Spotted sandpiper, 1 mallard, 1 D.C.
cormorant fly over.
On the grounds: 1 Common Yellowthroat singing, 2 Goldfinches, a cardinal, 2
song sparrows, Grackles, 1 male House finch, a Warbling vireo singing.
Bev Propen