[CT Birds] TICKS

sffaulkner at comcast.net sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sat Jun 3 20:47:13 EDT 2017

I'd like to thank everyone for alerting us about the danger to cats from permethrin. I was unaware of this, and did some research after hearing about it. While it seems as though it is safe once it is dry, if you have cats that like to lick things --as mine do sometimes -- you may want to either avoid permethrin altogether, or completely keep your clothes that were treated with it away from the cats. One article suggested keeping the clothes outside and changing before entering the house, and showering well after wearing them. Permethrin is very, very dangerous to cats.

Sarah Faulkner