[CT Birds] Falkner Island flybys

Cédric Duhalde allaboutbirds at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 16:22:46 EDT 2017

Hey all,

I'm working on Falkner Island this summer with the Common and Roseate Tern
colony, and during one of our resighting stints, I observed an
alternate-plumaged BLACK TERN at 10:30 AM (presumably the same bird people
have been reporting from Sherwood Island) join the foraging flock on the
western side of the island. There were also 2 BONAPARTE'S GULLS and a
LAUGHING GULL that appeared shortly thereafter in the same vicinity.
On a different note, we've already detected upwards of 48 ROST nests, which
is more than this time last year according to the wildlife biologist. Not
all nests will necessarily be successful, but it's a good start already!

Cheers and good birding,
Cédric Duhalde