[CT Birds] New Haven Nighthawk

Mark Aronson markaronson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:55:00 EDT 2017

Inspired by Florence and Larry, prompted by Steve, I slipped into the evening to stake out the New Haven nighthawk haunt, at the corner of Mansfield and Munson Streets.  The skies were lowering, a sprinkle of water fell in my eyes.  Untoward Yale types walked by, and a dealer in used appliances shared my corner.  A raccoon, too friendly for my tastes tried to make my acquaintance.  The bird, the nighthawk, remember the nighthawk?  This is a post about a nighthawk.  It did appear, offering its plaintive fart-like call at 8:26pm, putting on an aerial show for at least ten minutes.  I then stole away.  Mark