[CT Birds] Yellow Baltimore Oriole

Stuart Winquist stuartwinquist at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 8 20:37:19 EDT 2017

This morning I had one of those "yellow" colored male Baltimore Orioles recently discussed on this list.  It was at Machimoodus State Park, East Haddam, around the first small pond to your left.  It was bright yellow, and in close proximity to two normal bright orange male orioles that were chasing each other around.  I got good views of all three with binoculars and that was the only difference in plumage. This is the first time I have ever seen that.

Stuart Winquist, East Hampton

Sent from my iPhone