[CT Birds] Bstn Hlw/Yale Forest, Ashford/Union, 6-12-17, FOY Alder Flycatcher

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 21:52:06 EDT 2017

In recent years I have had an Alder Flycatcher just about every  year, and
always within a day or two of the same date. This year, no exception.  He
was singing in the marsh on Barlow Mill Rd, just 100 yards or so from Boston
Hollow Rd, and probably can be heard from there. Typically he doesn't stay
there  too long, maybe a week of so at the most. At least after that I don't
hear  him any more. Saw one Barred Owl and saw the other one today.

Jun 12, 2017 7:15 AM  - 12:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
6.0 mile(s)
61 species

Wild  Turkey  3
Turkey Vulture  1
Red-shouldered Hawk   5
Broad-winged Hawk  2
Mourning Dove  12
Yellow-billed  Cuckoo  1
Barred Owl  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird   2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  7
Hairy  Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  2
Pileated Woodpecker   1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  5
Acadian Flycatcher  2
Alder  Flycatcher  1     FOY - in swamp on Barlow Mill, 100 yds N  of
Boston Hlw Rd I get one there just about every year, within a few days of  this
date
Least Flycatcher  7
Eastern Phoebe  15
Great  Crested Flycatcher  2