[CT Birds] Ceruleans vs B T Blues

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:04:21 EDT 2017

With all the variations in songs by different bird species I am a believer in SEEING the bird when the song can be a candidate for more than one species. Along this line Chesnut Sided and Yellow Warblers can sound similar. I once heard the buzzing call of a warbler in Quabbin Reservior in Massachusetts that I assumed was a Blue Winged Warbler. Upon actually seeing the bird it turned out to be a Brewsters Warbler! So never assume you know the identity of a singing bird unless you are 100 % sure!

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks