[CT Birds] eagle fostering hawk in Canada

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 12:08:39 EDT 2017

We're seeing the darker side of the Bald Eagle here at our place in
Boothbay.  Yesterday we watched in horror as an eagle repeatedly dove at
our new little Eider Duck flock (mom, aunties and 8 ducklings) until it
finally caught one and flew away with it.  We also saw a Great Black-backed
Gull take one a few minutes later.  Sigh.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut