[CT Birds] June 13 Th. Massachuestts

Tarponted tarponted at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 22:19:37 EDT 2017

Fished Connecticut River in  Massachusetts, near Turners Falls with Harrison Anglers guides. Saw so many Bald Eagles, by 10 AM I had to ignore them to catch and release American Shad.

In Connecticut if I see one Bald Eagle I’m ecstatic. The banks of the river in this area are pristine. Access is extremely difficult. The banks are owned by the power companies.
The fishing guides had to use high powered winches to lower and retrieve the fishing rafts.  The geology is fascinating.

The guides are knowledgeable about the birds and animals along the river.

I will ask the Harrison brothers if they can accommodate birders. The guides sit in the middle of the raft with oars. The guests sit fore and aft in comfortable swivel seats. The guides ask you your preferences for lunch. They fish all the rivers and lakes in central and Western Massachusetts.

How is it possible to bored with Eagles? Earth!
Ted