[CT Birds] [ctbirds] King Rail

Stuart Winquist stuartwinquist at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 29 00:45:00 EDT 2017

By far the biggest threat to birds is loss of habitat.  All of us who enjoy the outdoors disturb more wildlife than we would like to admit, and usually the disturbance is minimal, but sometimes it is detrimental.  Sharing the natural world does create more disturbance and crowds can certainly diminish our own individual enjoyment of an area and its bird life, but it also increases the number of people love nature and who will advocate for conservation and personally fund the purchase and conservation of habitat.

This discussion of the rail has been good to remind us all of various stakeholders perspectives.  Let's please keep it friendly, because we need everyone in this fight to protect our open space on a local, state, national, and international level - novice & expert birders, photagraphers, hikers, boaters and hunters.

Support land acquisition, contact your legislators, vote, and smile when you pass someone in the field.

Stuart Winquist, East Hampton

Sent from my iPhone