[CT Birds] Wood Thrushes and Titmice

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 07:41:53 EDT 2017

Woke up this morning to the beautiful melody of a Wood Thrush.  I had not heard it singing lately, so I went to the window with the bins.  What a wonderland!  First off I was distracted by a titmouse ruckus.  I spotted 5 Tufted Titmice younguns learning to fly.  They were flying along a single branch.  Then one flew down a branch.  Another flew down into shrubs.  The others moved more cautiously along and between branches.  So much fun to watch with their hop-flies.   Then as they moved on, I heard the Wood Thrush again.....very close.  Spotted some movement and there were *two*!!!  One kept approaching the other who kept "pushing" it away; the latter seemed more intent on preening.  They flew deeper into into the tree cover but continued to sing for awhile.

Great morning to be alive!

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield, CT

Sent from my iPhone