[CT Birds] Possible Westport Arctic Tern

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 15:25:46 EDT 2017

While checking Cockenoe Island this morning with AJ & Sue Hand for Terns, Oystercatchers, and the nesting Piping Plover, I spotted  a probable 1st year Arctic Tern roosting with the Common Terns and one Roseate Tern.Just as we were getting in close enough for AJ to get a photo, a Peregrine Falcon flushed all the birds. We returned after the birds had settled and the tide was higher but were unable to relocate the bird.I am posting this in case anyone might be out on the water in that area.
Cockenoe Island has been a Tern "hotspot" this year with
Least,Caspian,Black,Roseate,Common, and Forster's Terns seen. Put Arctic Tern on your radar!

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone