[CT Birds] Last call for binocular donations for Peruvian Amazon!

sffaulkner at comcast.net sffaulkner at comcast.net
Fri Jun 30 13:07:29 EDT 2017

Hi Fellow Birders,

I leave soon for the Peruvian Amazon with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. They are sponsoring a program called "The Amazon Binocular Project" which donates gently used binoculars to native communities as part of an international support for conservation. I'm sure you all know how critical the Amazon rainforest habitat is. This is one way to work to protect it and its complex ecosystem, including the birds. By providing native residents with binoculars we extend the knowledge and appreciation of this amazing natural resource.

I can bring with me any donated binoculars. Thanks to the two families who have already donated a pair -- they will be much appreciated! If you have a pair you can donate, please email me and we'll arrange a pickup, or you can mail them to the address on the website. One way or the other, you'll be given a thank you note that be used for tax-deductibility.