[CT Birds] Duckling

Pam Reeser pmreeser at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 06:17:50 EDT 2017

Late yesterday afternoon, while kayaking the CT river, a solitary mallard duckling, appearing to me to be at best 1-2 days old, its eyes not open, was found swimming in tiny circles. After waiting and watching for some time for signs of a mother duck,  I plucked it from the river figuring a blind duckling could either die on the river or in a warm box in my care.
This morning the duckling is alive and the eyes are open. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do with this tiny bird?

Pam Reeser