[CT Birds] Windham Upland Sandpiper

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sun Jul 2 20:24:41 EDT 2017

>From Robert Dixon
7/2/17 - Windham Airport  - The UPLAND SANDPIPER continues at the same location as previously reported.
In the hour I was there 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm the bird was behind the helipad about half way between the the yellow & black striped metal box on the right and the 279C sign and the three blue lights on the left. It stayed right at the back edge near the high grass or just inside the higher grass and always behind the Killdeer. Scope is a must. This was a new species for me for Windham County. Thanks Phil!