[CT Birds] A sing-along in my Coventry yard

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 20:22:01 EDT 2017

I've been sitting in the house with the doors and windows  open, at my
computer, naming, sorting and editing bird song recordings that  I've made. As
usual I have to wear my hearing aid to hear them, and I suddenly  realized
that when a recording stopped the singing was still going on.
Upon further review I realized the sounds were coming from  outside the
house, and when I went to the front door half the birds in the  neighborhood
were singing away, right along with my recordings. Guess nesting  season is
over and they have nothing better to do.
Actually, it's happened once or twice previously, but never  with so many
birds. Oddly though, the bird songs I've been playing are ones that  my yard
birds likely never heard before.

Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct