[CT Birds] Birding access everywhere in CT
paul.fusco at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 9 22:10:48 EDT 2017
I would like to
Point out a few examples of why all CT birders should have some level of concern about access. From my limited ground experience of late I have witnessed the following assault on access:
- River Road in Kent will be getting new gates to limit vehicle access.
- East River boat launch in Guilford has new (totally unreasonable) parking restrictions that target passive users of public open space.
- Sandy Point in West Haven has new restrictions that require paying at a kiosk to park your car.
- At White Memorial in Litchfield, the town has closed the South Lake Street access to Little Pond without so much as a peep from users, including birders.
- Silver Sands SP in Milford has looming plans to massively develop the park and start charging for entry.
I am thinking there must be other locations with similar situations in other parts of the state. If anyone can add to this list please do.
Sent from my iPhone
More information about the CTBirds