[CT Birds] station 43 Least Bittern

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 08:06:21 EDT 2017

Concerning the lack of reports of Least Bittern at stn 43 South Windsor until recently it should be noted that this is a secretive species and just because people fail to see one does not necessarily mean they are not present. Usually when I see one there it is a fleeting glimpse as the bird flies low over the marsh and drops in. As many of you know stn 43 is my patch which I bird often and I miss this species many more times then I see it. In fact last year I missed it for the first time there! But I am sure they were just hiding!

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks