[CT Birds] predominately male ruby throats

C. S. Wood cwood022 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 18:09:21 EDT 2017

Darcy:  according to BNA RTHU lay first eggs  as late as the third week in July in Massachusetts and incubation is 12-14 days so you're right females are likely  on nest right now. However at my feeders (1/2 mile from yours) I have three females and only one male, but vigorous competition from all.

Chris Wood
Woodbury, CT
203 558-0654

Flickr: C.S.Wood-Photos