[CT Birds] Birding access everywhere in CT

Paul paul.fusco at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 9 22:10:48 EDT 2017

Hi Folks,
I would like to
Point out a few examples of why all CT birders should have some level of concern about access. From my limited ground experience of late I have witnessed the following assault on access:
- River Road in Kent will be getting new gates to limit vehicle access.
- East River boat launch in Guilford has new (totally unreasonable) parking restrictions that target passive  users of public open space.
- Sandy Point in West Haven has new restrictions that require paying at a kiosk to park your car.
- At White Memorial in Litchfield, the town has closed the South Lake Street access to Little Pond without so much as a peep from users, including birders.
- Silver Sands SP in Milford has looming plans to massively develop the park and start charging for entry.
I am thinking there must be other locations with similar situations in other parts of the state. If anyone can add to this list please do.

Sent from my iPhone