[CT Birds] Trout Brook tanager correction

Tony Eason aaeason at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 10:51:10 EDT 2017

Now very sure one of the 2 male scarlet tanagers was a summer tanager.  Yesterday, I assumed one of the two I saw  was a juvenile male scarlet because red coloring didn't include black wings and it definitely had a yellow/reddish beak.   I just looked up tanagers and juvenile male scarlets are not similar to adult males.   Both were in same tree, so it was easy to go back and forth between birds with binocs.  One was all red with the yellowish beak the other had the black wings and tail of a scarlet.