[CT Birds] Birding access everywhere in Ct

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:26:18 EDT 2017

​Well stated, Paul.  I presume the gating, in Kent at least, was a result
of vandalism and an attempt to curb it.  This may well further protect the
habitat even though it does restrict everyone, including birders.​  I hope
everyone has expressed support for the New England Coral Canyons and
Seamounts National Monument which is now under threat.  We each have the
opportunity to fight lots of big battles in this country when it comes to
habitat protection.  Our potshots may be better taken at the current
federal efforts to turn back all the gains we've made than to go after each
other.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut