[CT Birds] Limited access, and degradation of habitat.

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 21:31:58 EDT 2017

I agree with Paul D.:  Nepaug Park in Canton was closed off to any parking about 10 years ago. When I did walk in, the powerline cut that went through it was so degraded by dirt roads and vegetation clear-cut that there was really nothing to bother with there anymore. Were the Orchard Orioles, the indigo Bunting, and the Red-breasted nuthatches that I learned to identify there. Also, the powerline cut that crosses route 44 in West Hartford was  degraded many years ago by housing. There are no longer any reports of warblers.  That is where I learned to bird on Hartford Audubon trips led by Len Kendall. What great memories, but that's all there is.

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net