[CT Birds] Worm-eating Warbler

Angela Dimmitt angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Jul 11 12:37:58 EDT 2017

In response to Paul Desjardins' post below, I recall watching a Worm-eating Warbler feeding a young cowbird in my garden in August 1996 (exact date not recorded) - in 30 years that's the only time I've seen one in my garden and I do not think the surrounding valley, while fairly steep, is suitable habitat for them.  I've seen/heard plenty elsewhere in and around New Milford/Sherman, so believe it must have been "dispersing" and unable to shed the parasitic young.

Angela Dimmitt
New Milford