[CT Birds] Acadian Flycatcher

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 14:24:34 EDT 2017

Acadian Flycatchers have always been extremely late  migration arrivals In
my limited experience, including this year. In fact  probably the last new
arrivals. This has been true when they've been in the  Boston Hollow area for
5 of the last six years. They nested 3 years in a row,  and this is right
about the time. I haven't found evidence of a pair so far  this year, but as
of the last week there was a male still  calling.
I'd bet it's just a regular first nesting, Alder, Willow  and Least  can
nest even later, I believe.

Don Morgan
Coventry, Ct.

Message: 1