[CT Birds] Santa Ana NWR

Dennis Riordan driordan at snet.net
Sun Jul 23 13:00:57 EDT 2017

Audubon has an extensive look at the implications of a border wall for wildlife here: http://www.audubon.org/features/esri-embattled-borderlands <http://www.audubon.org/features/esri-embattled-borderlands>.

From the Pacific to the Gulf, the article reveals how the places where walls have been built have not stopped people, but have stopped wildlife. Construction has been done by ignoring the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other environmental regulations.

We haven’t been paying attention to the earlier sections of wall. Maybe we should start now.

Dennis Riordan
New Haven