[CT Birds] Banded Roseate Terns Request for information.

Patrick Comins pcomins at ctaudubon.org
Mon Jul 24 16:32:06 EDT 2017

Jeff Spendelow asked if I could help get the word out about an important project to track the movements of Roseate Terns.    Approximately 1,500 Roseate Tern chicks from Great Gull and another 80 chicks from Falkner Island have been fitted with plastic field-readable bands with 3-character codes.  Please report any sightings you may have to Dr. Spendelow at jspendelow at usgs.gov<mailto:jspendelow at usgs.gov> and through www.reportband.gov<http://www.reportband.gov> .   The information will help us to better understand the post-nesting movements of this federally endangered species in New England.

For more information on where you might be able to find Roseate Terns in Connecticut please see our recent article by Nick Bonomo which focuses on Roseate Terns: http://www.ctaudubon.org/2017/07/roseate-tern/#sthash.wPZTjKSP.jew8sjzC.dpbs   Thank you to Nick for providing this great article!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org/>