[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawk eating earthworms

Larry Bausher LPBausher at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 13:03:54 EDT 2017

Years ago we had a RS perched in our backyard for a few days.  At one point a squirrel approached the bird and waved a paw at it, carefully keeping enough distance not to touch it.  The RS looked up at the squirrel, but that was the end of the confrontation.  Moments later the squirrel left, apparently bored.

Larry Bausher
West Haven