[CT Birds] Bridled Tern Falkner Island

Cédric Duhalde allaboutbirds at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 11:56:38 EDT 2017

We just spotted a Bridled Tern perched on the jetty at Falkner Island
hanging with COTEs and ROSTs. From my understanding this is only the 2nd
state record (anyone know more about this), the prior record coming Falkner
Island as well in 1992. Photos attached to eBird checklist:
ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org

Just a friendly reminder that this island is off-limits to visitors and
landing without permission is prohibited, but with that said people with
access to boats or brave enough to venture out on a kayak are more than
welcome to look around the island.

Good birding,
Cédric Duhalde