[CT Birds] Westport Yard Nocturnal Migrants

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 08:30:25 EDT 2017

8/5-6/17, 9:30 PM-5:20 AM -- Yard, Westport

Automated flight call monitoring via Old Bird 21 c Microphone and call detection software yielded an impressive flight last night. I tallied 5 black-and-white warblers, 19 American redstarts, 7 northern waterthrushes, 2 common yellowthroats, 1 indigo bunting, 3 ovenbirds, 1 chipping sparrow, 1 Canada warbler, and at least 35 unidentified individual warblers. Stepping outside this morning, evidence of the good migration was apparent. I noticed a couple flyover yellow warblers and 2 high-flying killdeer.

Preston Lust, Westport