[CT Birds] Falkner, right? Re: Bridled Tern Yes

Dennis Riordan driordan at snet.net
Sun Aug 6 17:14:43 EDT 2017

Menunkatuck went round and round about the spelling when we were working on the tern cams. Here's what we settled on:
The official name of the island is spelled Falkner. In the 1800s it was Faulkners Island. In 1891 the U.S.Board of Geographic Names established its name as Falkner Island. The Faulkner’s Island Light Brigade uses a version of the old spelling.

Dennis Riordan
New Haven

Sent from my iPad