[CT Birds] Westport Yard Nocturnal Migrants

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 07:01:00 EDT 2017

8/6-7/17, 10:20 PM-5:20 AM -- Yard, Westport

Automated flight call monitoring via Old Bird 21 c Microphone and call detection software yielded a very good flight last night. I did my best to make conservative estimates of the number of birds based off of perceived duplication of calls, or lack thereof, within a given interval of about 40 seconds. Thus: 6 ovenbird, 12 northern waterthrush, 2 black-and-white warbler, 1 MOURNING WARBLER, 32 American redstart (74 calls), 1 CANADA WARBLER, and 63 unidentified individual warblers (139 calls). Pictures of the spectrograms of the birds of interest are provided on the eBird checklist.

Preston Lust, Westport