[CT Birds] Pewee song fragment

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 21:16:30 EDT 2017

As I worked outdoors this afternoon, I listened to an E. Wood-Pewee sing a song fragment, the familiar up-slurred pee-a-wee. It incessantly repeated this up-slurred phrase for the one and a half hours I was listening. Not once did it go to the down-slurred ending with which we are familiar. I don’t recall ever noting this before, even in other late season singers. Bent says nothing about this. I could not find a similar recording on allaboutbirds or xeno-canto. Anyone have any information or theories about this?

Rob Mirer