[CT Birds] New London Ferry Tomorrow 2 PM - Want to Join Me?

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 21:45:10 EDT 2017

Today Dan Rottino had Cory's Shearwaters and Wilson's Storm-Petrels from the New London ferry - in both CT and NY waters.  I'm going to take the ferry tomorrow to hopefully re-find these birds, and maybe more!  Want to join me?

I'll be taking the 2 PM ferry (the Mary Ellen) out of New London, then I'll stay on the ferry and take the return trip that leaves Orient Point, NY at 4 PMand returns to New London a bit after 5 PM.

Website for the ferry - https://www.longislandferry.com/

Summer parking is usually limited on site, and often you need to park in an adjacent garage.  (be sure to give yourself enough time to get to/from the garage)

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA