[CT Birds] Bridled Tern: no. Black and Royal Terns: Yes!

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Aug 12 17:27:37 EDT 2017

We can add to the negative reports for the Bridled Tern today.  We kayaked
out there and were there from 12 noon to 1:30 pm. There was a Black Tern
roosting at the south end of the island and a juvenile and an adult Roseate
Tern on the west jetty.  We were pleased to see two adult ROYAL TERNS
roosting on a rock at the mouth of Indian Cove (just west of Chaffinch
Island Park in Guilford).  They flew off to the west before we left.

We also saw three Western Willets at Menunketsuck Flats in Westbrook at low
tide this morning.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge