[CT Birds] Feeding Baltimore orioles?

Clark Moseley an.doc.mo.72 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 09:50:21 EDT 2017

We have at least 4+ post nesting dispersal Baltimore orioles coming to our
home feeding station.  Unfortunately they are "flying through" the grape
jelly and ignoring the oranges that we offer to them.  Seems that many many
species are addicted to sugar including most of us.  I would imagine that
the jelly would cause the same metabolic hydration problems as feeding
higher concentrations of sugar to water (over 1-4) to our beloved
hummingbirds?  We love watching orioles as much as the hummingbirds but
would hate to do more harm than good.  Any thoughtful comments would be
appreciated.
--
Clark "Chip" Moseley
PO Box 151/198 Pertville Rd.