[CT Birds] Question about purple finches and evening grosbeaks

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 17 23:03:12 EDT 2017

In the early 1990s I and mob, were gobsmacked to find a Purple Finch pair building a nest within meters of the LIS, at Bluff Point, Groton.  Lighthouse has had years of dozens of autumn Purple Finch fly-overs.
Zeranski & Baptist (1990) has a good summary of the distribution of Evening Grosbeak (and Purple Finch) in CT.

Steve MayoBethany