[CT Birds] Prothonotary Warbler, Pine Creek

James Purcell jpurcell1616 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:40:27 EDT 2017

In a classic example of the "Patagonia Picnic Table" effect, I went to pine creek in Fairfield in the hopes of relocating Alex's Cerulean Warbler from this morning, and although I've had no latch with that, I just stumbled on a Prothonotary Warbler! (1:30 pm). Spotted flitting in the undergrowth and sumacs low down on the right side of the trail that bends to the left after crossing the bridge (Not the trail that goes straight up the landfill). Maybe about 50 yards after the trail splits.

James Purcell

Sent from my iPhone