[CT Birds] Fw: Little stint at Monomoy NWR in Chatham Mass

William Root waroot at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:16:03 EDT 2017

Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Emily Cosenza. Jean Holm and I had terrific luck viewing the little stint this morning on a falling tide. A little distant at first but a passing Coopers Hawk startled the flock and the stint wound up within 100 ft for the next hour. Beware the many plumages of least sandpiper in the flock. But nothing as burnt umber, Sienna (orange) about the face as the stint plus the longish dark legs. Lots of birders coming and going so usually someone there to put you on the bird. Previous directions are correct. From Monomoy parking lot Take trail to the right of public restrooms downstairs to the beach then to the right for one half mile to mudflat and marsh grasses. May not be passable near high tide so check charts. Bill Root

Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone