[CT Birds] Westport CT Warbler

rsbirder rsbirder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 09:15:50 EDT 2017

Yesterday i photographed a possible CT Warbler at Hammonasset beside the east marsh pond (the one across the circle from the boulder pond and adjacent to the nature center parking lot). I put the picture into my checklist (http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38755411). You can clearly see the green head, yellow belly and UTC, and the complete white eye ring. I am awaiting ID confirmation from others.Russ SmileyMarlborough, CT

-------- Original message --------From: Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> Date: 8/22/17  8:42 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: ct birds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> Subject: [CT Birds] Westport CT Warbler
Westport-Sherwood Island SP- CT Warbler in spruce grove, just west of gatehouses and in vicinity of the woodchuck hole with a stick. First seen around the corner by picnic table area. There is also at least one Common Yellowthroat in that area. The CT Warbler was very shy but I managed two good looks enabling me to see the white eye ring, grayish hood and yellow belly and undertail coverts and greenish brown back. This area has been productive for Warblers recently.
I also had a Merlin early this morning in the tree near the 911 Memorial teasing the Fish Crows.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone