[CT Birds] 8/22 eve Sandy Pt - YHBL etc

rsbirder rsbirder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:56:08 EDT 2017

Sandy Point, West Haven, CT, 22 August 2017, 8:50 am; the American golden plover just flew in to an algae pile on the sound-side of the main point. Red knot was further out on the harbor side as were the juv. bonaparte's gulls and a Forster's tern.Russ SmileyMarlborough, CT

-------- Original message --------From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> Date: 8/23/17  6:57 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> Subject: [CT Birds] 8/22 eve Sandy Pt - YHBL etc
Last night at Sandy point in west haven Virginia Parker and I had the Yellow-headed Blackbird. It flew in low over the harbor by itself at dusk, into the marsh to roost. Came from the north/northeast, so perhaps was foraging somewhere on the other side of the harbor. Also present were a Sora, 2 Bonaparte's Gulls, 5 species of tern (Common, Least, Roseate, Forster's, Black), and a juv Red Knot.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Sent from my iPhone